Friday, September 19, 2008

Still my Most Intriguing Match-up...

Let me try this one more time. In our 3rd podcast, I listed my M.I.M. of the week as Appalachian State v. Furman. This was wrong. There I fucking said it. Does it make you feel like a big man to make me admit when I am wrong? Well, I was wrong when I slept with your wife, too. Whose the big man now? Yeah. *cough* Where was I? Oh yes, my M.I.M. revisited. I knew that Appalachian had a big match-up at some point and it turns out to be this weekend against James Madison. This was a 28-27 playoff game just last season. Both teams have knock-out QB's (for FCS level football). Both are ranked in the top 10 in the FCS, which is probably the equivalent to my WTA ranking. Howevs, James Madison has been putting up 50+ points per game at home and guess where the game it being played. I SAID GUESS! It is in Harrisonburg. When Appalachian State coach, Jerry Moore, was asked how he felt about playing at Bridgeforth Stadium said, "You ever been to Baton Rouge?"

Nice one, Jerry. Oh wait, no that wasn't. Your boys got cankered in Baton Rouge. Maybe don't bring that one up ever again. I am sure you don't brag to recruits about that one that slipped away by 28 points. On the flip side, I hope James Madison doesn't talk about that one that got away from them in Durham either. My pick: JMU 34-31 REDEMPTION!

Photobucket
Typical Mountaneer heading to tailgate.

No comments: