Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TuesDay in Football: Wednesday Morning Edition

NCAA
USC running back Stafon Johnson underwent seven hours of throat surgery after a weight lifting bar crushed his larynx. All reports indicate he'll fully recover, but I think that's a little misleading. It's still unknown whether he'll ever be able to speak again. In my opinion a "full recovery" means no lasting effects from an accident, and call me crazy, but I think losing the ability to speak would count as a lasting effect. You can bet that my hopes are for a real full recovery, but that Johnson's not paralyzed (or dead) is fucking fantastic.

NFL
Miami Dolphins quarterback Noodle Arm Pennington is done for the season (and, face it, his career) with a torn shoulder capsule. You know, I can't hear the word "capsule" without thinking of those things that you put in a glass water and then four hours later a sponge animal grows. I gotta get some of those things.

No comments: