Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cashing in on nostalgia.


I've long said that the smartest thing Nike's done in the last fifteen years was to start reissuing (or retro-ing, if you will) sneakers from the late '80s and early '90s. There are now a generation of men who coveted a pair of shoes but neither had money to buy them nor parents willing to throw down serious money for a shoes that would be outgrown in a matter of months that have that money, parents be damned.

I bet most of the men in the target demographic could identify the picture above quicker than most mothers could identify their own children.

Combine the two, and you've got these. And since I fit firmly in the center of the Venn diagram of kids that spent an afternoon in Foot Locker and didn't buy anything and sports video game nerds, you'd better believe I bought 'em.

With my Retro 3's, if I could get a pair of Air Raids and a pair of Air Force 180s, I'd have done my 12 year old self proud.

No comments: