It was awfully nice to settle in for football that matters. I watched the NC State/South Carolina game until just about the end before switching over to Stanford/Oregon State which entertained me until Stanford's pick-six. After that, I went to bed.
Anyway, some notes:
- Chris Fowler really seems to amuse himself. He chuckled through the last half of nearly every single sentence. Has he always done that?
- The way Fowler, et al. kept talking about Spurrier Sr. and Spurrier Jr. it sounded like Steve Spurrier's penis was calling some of the plays.
- Whereas Lou Holtz's halftime pep talks were bizarre and somewhat entertaining, this Dr. Lou shit is gonna get old and fast.
- Oregon State's defensive coordinator is gonna need to figure out how to scheme to stop the run. When Stanford is gashing you for about 10 yards a carry, buddy, you've got problems.
- It's no doubt due to the similarities in school name, team colors, and Christian name, but I kept thinking Oregon State's head coach Mike Riley was Oklahoma State's head coach Mike Gundy.
- ESPN2 is going to have to send a memo to whichever of the guys calling the Stanford game kept pronouncing Chik-Fil-A "chickfilluh." I'm guessing corporate sponsors aren't to keen on having their name's fucked up.
- Jim Harbaugh looks a lot like Peter Brady.
- I wish they'd quit calling Erin Andrews "E.A." because I get subconsciously weirded out when those to letters aren't followed by the word "Sports." Why, yes, I am a huge nerd....